Two cats pulled from Hobson apartment fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – Fort Wayne Fire Department officials say that two cats were pulled from an apartment fire on Thursday night.
FWFD officials say that just after 8 p.m., crews were called to 1910 Hobson Road for what was reported as a structure fire.

The first arriving engine found smoke coming from a large multi-residential apartment.

Units made entry and located a fire in the kitchen of a second-floor apartment. At the same time, other units were ensuring all other occupants were out of the building.
The fire was under control in 12 minutes however, eliminating smoke from the structure took an additional half-hour.
Firefighters located two cats and removed them from the apartment. The fire was determined to be accidental and caused by cooking.

There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters. The Fort Wayne Fire Department was assisted on the scene by FWPD, Three Rivers Ambulance, Neighborhood Code Enforcement and Animal Care and Control. Red Cross is assisting the Occupants.