Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Every letter in English is silent in at least one word . . . except for the letter “v.” It’s never silent.
– Forever 21 was founded by a Korean couple in Los Angeles in 1984, selling clothing designs that were similar to ones that were popular in South Korea at the time.
– We all currently have hemorrhoids . . . they’re just not inflamed.
– Oxford University in England is older than the Aztec society. Oxford became a university in 1249 . . . the Aztecs originated in 1325.
– The most common street name in the U.S. is . . . Second Street. The theory is that a town will name its first street either First Street OR Main Street, but they pretty much always go with Second Street after that.
Strange and trending news:
– A survey looked at how long it takes us to buy something online that’s fairly expensive, like a printer or a new TV. And from deciding whether you need the item to actually buying it takes an average of 3 hours and 5 minutes. (Full Story)
– Do you miss anything about going into the office? According to a new survey, 66% of people miss seeing their coworkers . . . 38% miss gossiping . . . 15% miss wearing “real” clothes . . . and 4% miss setting an early alarm. (Full Story)
– A new survey asked people if it’s acceptable to have sex with your partner when you’re staying in the guest room at someone’s house. 45% of people say it’s acceptable . . . 31% say it’s not . . . and 23% aren’t sure. (Full Story)
– The latest workout trend is wearing skin-colored gear like bike shorts and leggings, so people do a double-take because they think you’re working out naked. (Full Story)
– A new study ranked all 50 states from the most to least HUNGOVER, based on people Googling hangover cures. The most hungover are Alaska and Wyoming . . . and the least hungover are Arkansas and Delaware. (Full Story)
– Red Lobster just announced they’re adding a MOUNTAIN DEW MARGARITA to their menu. It should hit restaurants this month. (Full Story)
– Miller Lite just created the “Cantenna” . . . which is a can of Miller Lite with a digital TV antenna built-in. If you want one, you can go to Miller Lite’s website and enter your email for a chance to win one. (Full Story)
– A police helicopter pilot in Florida was up in the air on Sunday when he got an alert from his home security camera that someone was trying to break into his truck. So he tracked them from the air, and they were arrested. (Full Story)
– A female sumo wrestling champ broke into her ex-roommate’s house in Pennsylvania last week to try to get back her cat named James Bond. She wound up getting arrested for burglary, trespassing, and assault . . . but she believes the charges will be dismissed. (Full Story)