Italian might be one of your favorite foods, but you might not be eating it like a REAL Italian would . . .
A recent poll looked at the top mistakes we make when we eat Italian food. Here are five things you might be doing wrong.
- Eating garlic bread with pasta, or as an appetizer. It’s an Olive Garden thing, not really an Italian thing.
- Ordering stuffed-crust pizza. It’s the clearest example of why American pizza isn’t seen as REAL pizza in Italy. And in general, more than three toppings is a no-no.
- Adding extra parmesan after your food’s been served. If you did it in Italy, it might be seen as an insult to the chef.
- Overcooking your pasta. It’s supposed to be served a little al dente.
- Cutting your spaghetti up into pieces. It’s not the Italian way to do it . . . and some would argue it’s not the ADULT way to do it either.