Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
Friday, January 22 – Sunday, January 24, 2021
- Friday on Netflix: The series premiere of “Fate: The Winx Saga”, a live action version of the “Winx Club”cartoon you and your kids grew up on. (Trailer)
- Friday on Netflix: “The White Tiger”, a crime drama about a driver forced to sign a fake confession after Priyanka Chopra runs over somebody in a hit-and-run. (Trailer)
- Friday on Hulu: “The Sister”, a miniseries about a guy trying to escape a dark secret involving the death of his wife’s sister years earlier. (Trailer)
- Friday at 11:00 p.m. on BBC America: “The Graham Norton Show”. This week’s guests include Rebel Wilson and M. Night Shyamalan.
- Friday at 11:00 p.m. on HBO: The series premiere of “Painting with John”.
Late Night Guests:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Rosario Dawson, Daveed Diggs, and Amanda Shires featuring Jason Isbell.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Bryan Cranston, Carrie Coon, and Beach Bunny. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert”– Chance the Rapper, Cynthia Erivo, and the hosts of the political podcast “Pod Save America“. (Repeat)
- “James Corden”– Matthew McConaughey, and Shawn Mendes. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers”– Bill Hader, and Fran Lebowitz. (Repeat)
- “Lilly Singh”– “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. (Repeat)
- Sunday at 3:05 p.m. Eastern on Fox: “The NFC Championship Game”. The Green Bay Packers host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Sunday at 6:40 p.m. Eastern on CBS: “The AFC Championship Game”. The Kansas City Chiefs host the Buffalo Bills.
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on the CW: The third season premiere of “Charmed”.