Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
Thursday, January 7, 2021
- The series premiereof the sitcom “Mr. Mayor”at 8:00 p.m. on NBC. Ted Danson is a retired businessman who gets himself appointed as mayor of Los Angeles. It also stars Bobby Moynihan and Holly Hunter. (Trailer)
- The 19th season premiere of “Hell’s Kitchen”at 8:00 p.m. on Fox.
- The series premiereof “Celebrity Wheel of Fortune”at 8:00 p.m. on ABC. You can check out the list of the two dozen participating celebrities here.
- The series premiereof “The Chase”at 9:00 p.m. on ABC. Three contestants get a chance to go up against “Jeopardy” legends Ken Jennings, James Holzhauer, and Brad Rutter in a series of fast-paced questions.
- The series premiereof “Go-Big Show”at 9:00 p.m. on TBS. People take risks for a shot at a $100,000 prize. Comedian Bert Kreischer hosts and the judges are Snoop Dogg, Rosario Dawson, Jennifer Nettles, and the WWE’s Cody Rhodes.
- The second season premiere of “Revenge Prank with DJ Pauly D and Vinny”at 9:00 p.m. on MTV.
- The series premiereof “The Real Blac Chyna”at 10:00 p.m. on Zeus Network.
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Ricky Gervais, Daisy Edgar-Jones, and The Avett Brothers.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Tessa Thompson, Paul Bettany, and Steve Earle.
- “Stephen Colbert”– Rachel Brosnahan, and Julien Baker.
- “James Corden”– Michael Sheen, and Jo Ellen Pellman.
- “Seth Meyers”– Bill Hader.
- “Conan”– Sarah Silverman. (Repeat)
- “Lilly Singh”– Aisha Tyler, and Rob Huebel. (Repeat)