Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- Friday on Netflix: The second season premiere of “The Umbrella Academy”.
- Friday at 10:00 p.m. on HGTV: The series premiere of “Martha Knows Best”. Martha does various outdoor projects at her New York farm.
- Sunday at 8:00 p.m. on Bravo: The fifth season premiere of “Real Housewives of the Potomac”.
- Sunday at 8:00 p.m. on the CW: The series premiere of “Fridge Wars”, where two celebrity chefs try to outperform each other by making a meal with whatever they happen to find in the fridges of their assigned families. (Trailer)
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on the CW: The series premiere of “Taskmaster”. It’s hosted by British comedian Greg Davies, who gives challenges in sealed envelopes to five willing comedian contestants. (Trailer)
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on TBS: The season finale of “Tournament of Laughs”.
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on the Travel Channel: The series premiere of “The Osbournes Want to Believe”. Each episode features Jack Osbourne trying to convince Ozzy and Sharon that the supernatural is real by showing them clips.
- “Jimmy Fallon” – Andy Samberg, chef José Andrés, and Perfume Genius. (Repeat)
- “Jimmy Kimmel” – Guest host George Lopez, and Willie Nelson. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert” – Hasan Minhaj, and Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit. (Repeat)
- “James Corden” – Daisy Edgar-Jones, Paul Mescal, and Leslie Odom Jr. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers” – Colin Jost, Cristin Milioti, and Nikki Glaspie. (Repeat)
- “Trevor Noah” – We don’t know yet.
- “Conan” – We don’t know yet.
- “Lilly Singh” – Lake Bell, and Jason Clarke. (Repeat)