Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- Friday at 9:00 p.m. on the CW: The series premiere of “Being Reuben”, a reality show starring 14-year-old Reuben de Maid, who got famous from “Little Big Shots” and then started an online career as a singer and male make-up vlogger. (Trailer)
- Friday on Netflix: The premiere of “Tiny Creatures”, a nature docuseries narrated by Mike Colter from “Luke Cage”. (Trailer)
- Friday on Netflix: The second season of “The New Legends of Monkey”.
- “Jimmy Fallon” – Cameron Diaz, Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, and Kygo featuring OneRepublic. (Repeat)
- “Jimmy Kimmel” – Russell Wilson and Billy Strings join guest host Joel McHale. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert” – James Corden, Bright Eyes, and Laura Benanti. (Repeat)
- “James Corden” – Josh Gad, and Puerto Rican rapper Anuel AA. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers” – Sean Hayes and Dan Levy. (Repeat)
- “Lilly Singh” – Tony Shalhoub, and Ne-Yo. (Repeat)
- Saturday and Sunday on CBS Sports: Coverage of the “PGA Championship” starts at 4:00 p.m. Eastern on Saturday and at 3:00 p.m. Eastern on Sunday.
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on Discovery: The one-hour special “Tyson vs Jaws: Rumble in the Reef”.
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on HBO: The first season finale of “Perry Mason”.
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on TNT: The second season finale of “The Alienist: Angel of Darkness”.
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on Bravo: The 90-minute special “Race in America: A Movement Not a Moment”.
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on Showtime: The series premiere of “We Hunt Together”, a British drama about two detectives hunting down a pair of killers. (Trailer)