Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- “America’s Got Talent”semifinals at 8:00 p.m. on NBC.
- “Bachelor in Paradise”at 8:00 p.m. on ABC.
- The series premiere of “Ghosted”at 9:00 p.m. on MTV. Rachel Lindsayand Travis Mills help people track down loved ones who ghosted them to confront them about why they cut them out of their lives and vanished without an explanation.
- The season finale of “The Next Big Thing”at 10:00 p.m. on BET.
- The third season premiere of “Mr. Mercedes”at 10:00 p.m. on Audience.
- The stand-up special “Bill Burr: Paper Tiger”on Netflix.
Tuesday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”- Jennifer Lopez, and Russell Westbrook.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”- Ed Helms, Don Lemon, and a Mystery Musical Guest.
- “Stephen Colbert”- Ansel Elgort, Jodi Kantor, and Megan Twohey.
- “James Corden”- Kris Jenner, and half•alive.
- “Seth Meyers”- John McEnroe, Toni Collette, and The Hold Steady.
- “Trevor Noah”- Microsoft president Brad Smith.
- “Carson Daly”- Luis Guzmán, Houndmouth, and Jessica Parker Kennedy. (Repeat)
- “Conan”- Conan interviews his assistant Sona Movsesian. (Repeat)
- “David Spade”- Rapper Bhad Bhabie, better known as the “Cash Me Ousside” chick Danielle Bregoli.
As for Daytime Talk Shows: John Legend is on “Kelly Clarkson”, Melissa McCarthy is on “Ellen”, author Malcolm Gladwell is on “The View”, Ashton Kutcher is on “Kelly and Ryan”, and it’s Talk Tuesday on “The Talk”.