FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – Another cold “Spring” day in Indiana. Believe it or not, it IS actually April. Despite getting up to the 60’s today, most of us saw snow this morning! Here’s some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Fireball whiskey was originally developed as part of a line of flavored schnapps by Seagram in the mid ’80s.
– There are people who speak about 800 different languages in Queens, New York . . . which is more than any other place in the world.
– “Let It Snow”, “Silver Bells”, “White Christmas”, “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”, “A Holly Jolly Christmas”, and “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)” were all written by Jewish composers.
– You produce between one and two liters of nasal mucus every day. And you wind up SWALLOWING most of it.
– Those inflatable dancing tubes you see outside car dealerships have only been around since 1996. They were originally invented as part of the opening ceremonies for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.
STRANGE AND TRENDING NEWS:
– Dogs are the most popular pets in America, according to a new survey. Cats are second, fish are third . . . and TARANTULAS came in 10th. (Full Story)
– There’s a trend that’s getting more and more popular where parents are LIVESTREAMING themselves punishing their kids. But it’s causing a huge debate online about whether or not it’s appropriate. (Full Story)
– There’s a picture going viral right now that shows a bunch of blobs of colors . . . but if you stare at it, they DISAPPEAR. It happens because of the way your eyes adjust to things when you look at them for a while. (Full Story)
– Do onion rings and chicken nuggets make good pizza toppings? There’s a shop in England that’s selling pizzas with them on top . . . but there aren’t any reviews on how they taste. (Full Story)
– Necco Wafers may be one of the WORST candies ever, but they’re having a massive surge of popularity right now. It’s because the company that makes them announced last month that they’d probably be going out of business soon . . . and their sales jumped 63%. (Full Story)
– A woman in Canada called 911 from a casino over the weekend . . . because she’d lost all of her money and didn’t have a way of getting home. Then a stranger gave her $20 . . . but she ran back inside to gamble with it. The cops say they didn’t hear from her again after that. (Full Story)
– A cop in England named Dick Holder was fired on Monday after someone found out he’d been moonlighting as a male prostitute. (Full Story)
– A burglar kicked in a house’s backdoor in South Carolina earlier this month . . . but only stole TWO chicken nuggets. They were valued at $1 . . . but there was $100 in damage to the door. (Full Story)
– There’s a female teacher in Oklahoma who used the huge teacher walkout that’s going on in the state right now as a chance to have sex with a 15-year-old student. She’s facing rape charges and more, and she could get a maximum sentence of over 50 years in prison. (Full Story)
– A guy in Virginia just won $200,000 in the lottery almost exactly 14 years after he won 200 grand on ANOTHER lottery ticket. And once again, he’s dividing it up and giving each of his family members a chunk. (Full Story)