Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
– Mark Twain was born just after Halley’s Comet was visible in 1835. When Halley’s Comet was visible again 75 years later, in 1910 . . . Mark Twain died the next day.
– From 1876 to 1887, Major League Baseball players could request where the pitcher threw the pitches during an at-bat: High, low, or middle. And the umpire adjusted the strike zone to the request.
– Every character on “The Simpsons” only has four fingers on their hand . . . except for God, who has five when he’s appeared in Homer’s various visions and dreams.
– Mount Vesuvius in Italy is still an active volcano and 550,000 people would need to be immediately evacuated if it erupts again.
– There hasn’t been an NFL game with the final score 7-to-nothing in almost 40 years. The last time was December 4, 1983, when the Patriots beat the Saints 7-0.
Strange and trending news:
– Today is National Hot Sauce Day. (Full Story)
– A guy in Tennessee was arrested for arson after he set an abandoned grocery store on fire to try to scare away the homeless people living there. (Full Story)
– Kellogg’s and General Mills are turning some of their cereals into “flavored nutritional drinks” . . . including Froot Loops and Golden Grahams. (Full Story)
– McDonald’s is doing a promotion every Thursday through the end of February where they use “throwback” prices on one item. For example, next Thursday, you can get a small shake for 25 cents. (Full Story)
– A drunk 18-year-old in Australia who was arrested for twerking at a McDonald’s and causing a disturbance just pleaded guilty to seven charges. (Full Story)
– Pizza Hut is going to start testing drone delivery in Israel in June. (Full Story)