Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- In the U.S. alone, there are 34 different flavors of Pringles, including Loaded Baked Potato, Memphis BBQ, and Pizza.
- There’s a law in Alaska that says a person can’t stay in a bar once they’re drunk . . . specifically, an intoxicated person can’t “knowingly” enter or stay where alcohol is sold. And in 2012, cops actually enforced the law in Anchorage.
- Back when TV was only black-and-white, 75% of Americans said they only dreamed in black-and-white. Now less than 12% of people dream in black-and-white.
- Karl Marx had four daughters . . . and named all of them Jenny. He sure did believe in distributing things equally, huh?
- Maschalagnia is a sexual fetish where you’re attracted to armpits.
Strange and trending news:
- Sunday is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Two friends jokingly started it in 1995, but it gained national attention when they got writer Dave Barry to do a column about it in 2002. (Full Story)
- Anheuser-Busch has announced a new brew called Bud Light Next, which is their first-ever zero-carb beer. It’s unclear how terrible it will taste . . . all we know is that it hits shelves sometime early next year. (Full Story)
- Two moms got into a fight outside an elementary school in Missouri on Tuesday morning . . . and they both pulled guns. Despite the extreme stupidity, nobody was hurt. (Full Story)
- Buzzfeed has a rundown of people sharing “horrifying” stories about getting walked in on while having sex, and some of them are pretty wild. (Full Story) (Note: This goes without saying, but many of these are R-RATED.)
- In the grossest news of the day, a Bolivian woman bit into a burger and found a decomposing human finger. Apparently, it’s real . . . someone lost part of their finger while prepping the meat. (???) (Full Story) (Note: There IS a nasty photo.)
- A lamb is on the lam at the University of Utah. (Full Story)