Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- A 2020 study found that up to 30 million workers had the skills to realistically move to new jobs that paid, on average, 70% more than their current jobs.
- In Delaware, a marriage can be annulled if one or both people did it as part of a game of Truth or Dare. But in their legal code it’s referred to as, quote, “Jest or Dare.”
- The most used seven-letter word in English is “between” . . . the most used eight-letter word is “children” . . . the most used nine-letter word is “different” . . . and the most used 10-letter word is “government.”
- Vincent van Gogh was named after his stillborn brother. One year before he was born, his parents had a child named Vincent who died during birth.
- Cannibalism is illegal in Idaho and has a maximum sentence of 14 years . . . unless you had to eat someone, quote, “under extreme life-threatening conditions as the only apparent means of survival.” Then it’s okay.
Strange and trending news:
- Today is National Pie Day . . . not the math “Pi” Day, that’s 3-14, March 14th . . . REAL PIE. A poll asked people about 20 pie flavors and found that the top five are: Apple, pumpkin, pecan, chocolate, and cherry. Stumbling in at #20 is marionberry pie, which is basically blackberry. (Full Story)
- A new poll asked Gen Z’ers . . . ages 18 to 29 . . . about their career aspirations, and YouTuber didn’t make the Top 10. 14% said businessperson . . . 12% said doctor . . . and 9% said engineer. (Full Story)
- A dad is going viral for sending this frustrated message out in his family group-chat: “I can’t keep up with the pressure of always having to ‘LOL’ or ‘like’ or ‘heart’ everyone’s random thoughts, pics, and amusements.” (Full Story)
- There’s yet another study showing a link between men who are convinced their penises are smaller than average and having a desire for fast cars. (Full Story)
- General Mills is making Cinnamon Toast Crunch . . . Bugles. (Full Story)
- Rangers in Australia were stunned when they stumbled across “Toadzilla” . . . a toad that weighs six pounds and may be the largest toad on record. (Full Story)
- If you thought there was something fishy about the guy who was supposedly RAT POISONED by Taco Bell workers . . . looks like you were right. The authorities looked into it, and they say they don’t believe the rat poison was from the Taco Bell. And now the victim isn’t returning the cops’ calls. (Full Story)