Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not so fun) Facts:
- McDonald’s chicken nuggets only come in four different shapes . . . the ball, the bell, the boot, and the bowtie.
- Irish is only the third most spoken language in Ireland. English is number one, and Polish is number two.
- The Dakota territory split into North Dakota and South Dakota when it became a state because people disagreed on which city should be the capital . . . the northerners wanted Bismarck, and the southerners wanted Pierre.
- Thomas Jefferson was fluent in English, Greek, Latin, French, Italian, and Spanish . . . and also studied Arabic, Gaelic, and Welsh.
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” has been in theaters longer than any other movie. It’s been playing nonstop since it was released in 1975 . . . that’s 47 straight years. (Nonstop with the exception of the pandemic, of course.)
Strange and trending news:
- An artist canned his own urine and is selling it for over $500 a can outside a museum in London. (Full Story)
- Someone tried more than 40 fast food breakfast sandwiches, and the three best were: McDonald’s Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McMuffin . . . Wendy’s Hot-Honey Chicken Biscuit . . . and Chick-fil-A’s Chicken Biscuit. Last place was basically everything on Burger King’s breakfast menu. (Full Story)
- If you’re a big fan of Hidden Valley Ranch, you can deck out your whole home in various branded prints, including wallpaper and fabrics, from their online shop. (Full Story)
- An NYU chemistry professor was fired . . . because his class was too hard. The professor says the students weren’t putting in enough effort, but the university said there were several “troubling indicators” and alluded to a lack of “good teaching.” (Full Story)
- A woman in Australia is in critical condition after being hit by a roller coaster. Apparently, she walked onto the track to retrieve a cell phone. She’d just learned how to walk again after a serious car crash last year. (Full Story)
- A man in Florida survived Hurricane Ian . . . by somehow floating on a “rose-colored leather sofa” . . . above a “mermaid table” . . . for two-and-a-half hours. (Full Story)